Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

gib1506

Technical User
Aug 21, 2008
IE
Hi Guys
I am trying to get around an issue with Voicemail ..
I have a Console with Main Number 4000 routed to voicemail in Night Service (mailbox 4000).
They then wanted a recorded announcement on incoming 4000 before been answered by the Switchboard (for approx 4 weeks)but still need the Mailbox 4000 in Night1.
They have NO ACD .
I set up a Name Tagged Hunt Group to take the main number 4000 to a different Menu Mailbox in Night2 ,play the greeting and dial Zero to go to the operator (answered on another key)..The girls keep the Consoles in Night 2 (operator present) and all works well ...Until they have to Transfer a call through to an extension that is forwarded to Voicemail and it goes back into mailbox 4000 because of the Named Tag on it instead of the mailbox of ext 41xx . Because of the Name Tagged ,It retains the original called digits for the purpose of Voicemail Integration regardless of the number of forwarding hops that take place in between..
I tried doing this with Express ACD instead of the Tagged Hunt group( interflow after 1 second to Phantom extension) but it will then go to mailbox 4000 for Night 1 and Night 2 .
I tried using the auto Attendant in Night 2 but to get it to stop going into 4000 I had to use a tagged group again which had no Voicemail Box but you have the same problem when a call is transferred to an an extension that is forwarded voicemail as it goes back into auto attendant greeting instead of user's personal greeting .
I suppose if i can't get this working I will have to try Rad :)

Rgds
J.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back