Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 to 5000 SIP Trunking Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

whirlwind5uk

Technical User
Aug 25, 2011
GB
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to setup SIP trunking between a 3300 and 5000 however have come across an issue which I can't seem to resolve.

I can dial between digital/IP handsets on the 5000 to both IP/SIP handsets on the 3300 without issue. However, I cannot dial from MiNet IP handsets on the 3300 to the 5000 without getting either white noise (when dialing a digital handset) or continuous ringing (when dialing IP handsets). What is odd though, that I can dial from a SIP extension on the 3300 to 5000 with no issue!!

Has anyone seen this before or have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Did you follow the programming document for SIP from a 3300 to 5000?

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Yes, I followed the document from MOL. I've give it another run through in case I missed something.

Would there be any type of mismatch of compression? otherwise I would revisit the document and check the settings.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Came across the same issue this week and resolved by disabling SDP option.
Systems
3300 running MCD 5 (11.0.0.102)
5000CP rel 5.0.4.63

Interested to know which SDP option. Wasn't aware you could turn of SDP as a whole - in fact without SDP you wouldn't be able to get any calls to work ??

I've done some testing with this - it's the Enable Mitel Propriety SDP Option. Odd, but turning it off does work!

Another odd one is could not get ARS to work via SIP trunks on the 5000 to the 3300 when using an analog set, SIP phone was OK.
Product Support ... Turn off Must Toll Digit Required on Toll Long Distance (Numbering Plan/Area Flags)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back