Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 telnet port 23 connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

T8keiteasy

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2006
FR
Hi,

Does anyone know if the telnet port 23 (raw mode) password has been changed since 7.1 or 7.0 ?

I can't get connected to several ICP's since then.
Port 2002 telnet connection is ok, ESM too.

Regards

Now, it's about French users too !!!

I think you should use port 2002 only. I don't have an official answer but it doesn't work any more. I've purchased a telnet client with SSL.

How can it be out of order ?
When I try to get connected with putty raw mode, I have the login screen where ?

Weird...

it works fine for me on 7.1. These weren't upgrades but new installs.

Upgrade and new install works fine here. You know that the default user/pass on telnet (sx2000 interface) is not the same as ESM/port 2002, right?

Yop,

I know the default password...
I've tested on another ICP, and seems to work fine.

I have to check out what's going on.
All the ICP's have been upgraded...weird
I've never change the password. I don't know hoiw to change it...
Beside this first problem, do you know how to change default password ?

Regard, I'll keep you in touch.

As of new releases caps comes into affect when logging in ensure caps lock is off it works fine on all 7.1 upgraded or new.

I use teraterm all the time

Hi,

In fact, the password didn't change, but telnet on port 23 doesn't work...
i've rebooted the ICP but the problem is the same.

Do you know a way to access the telnet again (kind of super password to aplly a default password)...

regards

you can still telnet into the 3300 ICP via port 23 to get the traditional sx2000 command line; however you should know that it is not advised to go into the system this way other than for maybe form printing etc.

the access has changed slightly in the fact that installer is no longer there you only have sytem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back