Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 ring group follow divert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycoster

Technical User
May 24, 2011
GB
Hi,

We have a 3300 (software 9.0.3.15) and I have a problem I am trying to overcome.

Basically, is there any way to make calls to a ring group follow the call forwarding settings of a member. I.e. Ring group member sets a call forward always to another DN, and calls to the ring group are presented at the forward location?

I need somehow to present the calls to a ring group (well, numerous actually) to a console user (5550) as well as the normal ring group members.

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Thanks!

Well there seems to be 2 questions buried in there.

Please confirm/deny that you are trying to ring a 5550 console "at the same time" as ring group members. The term "As Well" is ambiguous.

If not at the same time, then I would suggest that you could terminate the call to a Keyline/Huntgroup/DN that can be forwarded and then forward the call to the required destination using 3rd party CFFM codes.

I do not use the word recommend in the above as the forwarding causes issues with the displayed name on the receiving station.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Sorry I should have been more specific. The two questions are part and parcel of the same problem, I just failed to link them.

I do need to ring a 5550 at the same time as ring group members. Prior to having the 5550 installed, the desk in question had a 5330 whos DN was a member of the ring groups which needed to be monitored, but with the console I cant emulate this.

The 'call divert and ring group' question was because I had thought of perhaps having a 'pseudo' extension with a call forward always destination of a console softkey number, and membership of the relevant ring groups. But the ring group calls do not follow the forward.

Is that any clearer?!

Thanks!

Clearer Yes, reading between the lines that is what I interpreted regardless.

You cannot have anything ring a console at the same time as a non-console by any means I have determined. (this question comes up quite a lot and no one has offered a solution as yet)

This is very high on my Mitel wish list.

Thanks for the replies. I was afraid that would be the case :(

I think for now they will have to have another IP set on the desk along side the console.

We were considering the upgrade to the version 4 software, but I take it from your response that the functionality is not included there either?

Thanks again

At MCD 4.0, the only change that impacts console functionality is that you now have the ability to do a directed call pickup from the console.

If you can hear the console ringing then you can dial a code to pickup the call. That's it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back