Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 "vxworks" not stopping with spacebar

Status
Not open for further replies.

zete

Vendor
Jun 17, 2010
US
I have a 3300cx that took a power surge. It will not boot up. I have a crirical alarm. I put a serial cable and decided to look at the boot-up to see what gives. I get to where you are told to press the space bar 3xs to stop the process. I hit the space bar three times and it does not stop. The key board is not the issue. I just tested it.

zete,

It looks like your terminal emulator (i.e. Hyperterminal) is not communicating with the 3300.

It has happened to my in the past. Have a look at your serial cable and make sure it's got pins 1 to 8 connected between both ends of the DB9s.

Sometimes when you use cables that are missing pins, you won't be able to send signals to the PBX, therefore it won't stop the VxWorks promopt.

Try reinstalling the software and database.

Regards,

Daniel

I agree with Dan, it's most likely a cable/terminal problem. Two things to do, first, try the PC and cable on another system to make sure that you have it configured correctly. Second, don't worry about it, you don't need to stop it to see what's going bad. What's the output on the terminal saying when it tries to boot?

As above,
-Either a Read only rs232 cable therefore unable to transmit the space input or, as Mitelmatt says hit space 3 times then Enter.

make sure your emulation is at 9800 8 N 1, try TTY or VT100

try with procomm instead of hyperterminal, or a diffenrent pc with hyperterminal..

I ran into this at some point too, your seeing the screen but can't interact with it.

I believe you must use a null modem cable plugged into the maintenance port.

Ooops, if you are using a null modem cable and it does not work then use a straight thru serial cable.

Also Seen Similar problems working with Cisco Gear If youre trying to use a PL-2303 based USB-Serial adaptor.. there's a known Buffering issue in that chipset. Try a different adaptor. or If you have a newer unit see if there's a software flash available from Prolific for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back