Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 PMS issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

caknfd

Vendor
Nov 21, 2009
US
Trying to get PMS working with a 7.0 3300 and a Wydham Soft Hotel PMS. I see the records in a PMS trace but it is not working. What I see and i think is causing the issue is the PMS system seems to be sending and ascii 02 at the begining and an Aascii 03 at the end of each transmission. In the PMS trace there is a small small box with a 0002 (00 on the top and the 02 in the bottom of the box) and again at the end execpt its a 0003. I tried to connect this morning to attach an example but had no luck. Any thoughts on this we don't do a whole lot of hotels.
We can use the PMS Emulator and connect through the iPocket and issue commands to the 3300 and that works its just something between the PMS and the Mitel.

Craig

If the emulator works then the PMS vendor needs to fix their interface

STX (02) and ETX (03) are required

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

I got in this morning and I'm not seeing the little boxes with the 2 and 3 (we were on with the PMS Support folks trying different things and below is what I'm seeing now. Where the L's are is where i was seeing the little boxes with the 0002 and 0003. I'm sure it is the PMS but not sure what to tell them. The mitel is not liking the format as it is sending a NAK after everything.

08:58:04 PMS_IN <--- AREYUTHERE
08:58:04 PMS_OUT ---> NAK
08:58:24 PMS_IN <--- AREYUTHERE
08:58:24 PMS_OUT ---> NAK
08:58:28 PMS_IN <--- CHK1 306
08:58:28 PMS_OUT ---> NAK
08:58:29 PMS_IN <--- NAM1 DELGADO, ADOLFO 306
08:58:29 PMS_OUT ---> NAK
08:58:44 PMS_IN <--- AREYUTHERE
08:58:44 PMS_OUT ---> NAK
08:59:04 PMS_IN <--- AREYUTHERE
08:59:04 PMS_OUT ---> NAK
08:59:24 PMS_IN <--- AREYUTHERE

Any thoughts?
Craig

format (other than the NAK) looks ok. I would suggest asking PMS company to reinitialize the link and get a trace from the startup if possible.

08:58:28 PMS_IN <--- CHK1 306 - on a checkin there it the CHK1 then a space and then in your case as the rooms are only 3 digits there should be two more spaces as the "extension number" is 5 spaces in total. Not sure from the post that is there.

It has never functioned through the PBX. We installed a 3300 w/ASUII's to replace a SX200 G217 (they got their money out of that PBX) what we believe is occuring is the PMS vendor is not starting the message string with an ENQ message for us to ACK before they send the AREYOUTHERE message which we are replying with a NAC. In other SYStems I have ran the PMS trace it is always an ENQ to us we ACK them they send the message either AREYOUTHERE or an other CHK, NAM message etc and them we typicaly ACK the message
We haven't had the best of luck with their PMS support folks (got a different person each time we called) Worked with Mitel to determine that the missing ENQ message is most likely causing our issue and now if we can just get the PMS vendor to send it in the right format I think we would be OK. We haven't given up and have a guy onsite today. I will update when I know further.

Thanks
Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back