Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 NSU Options or Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncmurf00

IS-IT--Management
Aug 16, 2002
US
Hey everyone.

I have a question that I could use some opinion on.

Our current setup is a 3300 ICP, FIM to NSU and FIM to Pnode.
We have 2 digital link licenses, only 1 is being used.

While trying to connect a Wink E&M circuit to the 2nd port of my NSU, I discovered that you can't mix/match port types. Good times.

I had a 2nd NSU in storage which I tried to daisy chain, but found either the database or software is corrupt. (Keeps rebooting itself).

In the meantime, I've spent 9 months trying to get support from our local Mitel dealer. Great people, but the office has had some turnover and they're "cleaning house". I'm sure it will all be for the better eventually.

So. Here's my question. Given what I have, what's the best way to get a digital E&M connected to our system? Is the 2nd NSU the right option?

I appreciate your time.

Try programming it in anyway? Go through the motions to add the NSu cabinet to see if it appears.

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

Thanks Loopy! That was it.
I'm up and have visibility. Now all that's left is getting the Digital E&M circuit up!

Programming a Wink start circuit. Very basic.
No matter what, I'm getting a Link Alarm. Straight-tru or crossover T1 cables aren't making a difference.

Is there a lockout default on these?

So close!
Got the circuit to sync up, now have green lights at both ends!

When the remote device tries to call an extension, we're getting a "no dial tone" error.

Anyone know what that setting is off hand to flip that up?

Where is the "no dial tone error"? At the far end?

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

Correct,
When the far end grabs a trunk, it's expecting a dial tone, but Mitel's not producing one.

Ok, somewhere between the 3300 and the other unit, we got the sync!!!

Thanks everyone for hte help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back