Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 MCD 5.0 phantom question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowtalks

Technical User
Mar 19, 2005
US
Customer has a 3300 5.0 MCD w/PRI

They have a fax server and I need to direct 50 or so DIDs to a hunt group with 4 analog DNs that terminate in the Fax server. I assuming building phantom keys to CF to the hunt grp DN would be the best way to go...or is there an easier way of directing the DIDs to the fax group?

Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have became a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS NCTS NCTE
Mitel 3300 4.2 basic & advanced, 5000 4.0

Just create the DID's as speedcalls with the huntgroup DN. This would probably be the easiest to manage and other techs would be able to follow how it works a lot easier.

I didn't think about trying system speedcalls...I try that...

Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have became a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS NCTS NCTE

I tried building the speedcall with the Hunt GRP DN as the actual number, but it didn't work. So I made the actual number the last four of the DID and added it as a key on a phantom 5330, single line, no ring and cf profile to go to the GRP DN...worked like a charm. I wonder why the actual number of the speedcall as the GRP DN wouldn't work?

Also, there is a system in the area where Mitel PS programmed it with similar setup, however he built the phantom 5330 with keys as I did but I see no call forwarding pr0files built for the keys, but the forward to the Fax GRP DN anyway...how would he have achieved that?

Thanks, Jim

NCSS NCTS NCTE

The speed call should have worked. Since it would result in the trunk directly ringing the hunt group I wonder if you have something missing in the COS of the trunks.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

To use speed dials to go to fax server you would enter the hunt group number P for pause then the fax extension to go to.

That wouldn't work very well since the purpose of the Group DN is to choose and available member (there are only 4)...

Jim

NCSS NCTS NCTE

Am I correct in assuming that each of the 50 DID's has its own FaxMail?

Although you only have 4 ports, that each inbound number needs to terminate with a specific Fax on the server.

This being the case, the PBX has to associate the inbound DID with the inbound number dialled somehow.

With Analog Fax ports, this can be complicated with timing issues being the primary concern.

Now, if there are only 4 ports representing 4 faxes then things are much different.

Which scenario are we talking about here? Or possibly some other?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

If you enable the COV/E&M/ONS voice mail port option in a COS for the 4 analog ports then the incoming DID will pass to the fax server and go to the correct fax box. Put those 4 analog ports in a voice mail hunt group with a pilot number you can route the DID's to in SC.

DrDeee, I misunderstood your post. I saw the scenario of the GRP DN, followed by a pause and then one of the four analog DNs that are the members.

I think I now see, thanks to the followup post by kwb, that you meant the incoming which is 5374332(the seven digits the telco is sending) to (actual number of 2030, the GRP DN) followed by + followed by 4332 (which is the 4 digit DN built in the MultiFax.

Does that look correct?

kwbmitel...yes, the 50 have their own mailbox destination.

Jim

NCSS NCTS NCTE

I think you are on the right track now.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thanks for guidance and info, boys...

Jim

NCSS NCTS NCTE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back