Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 ICP Triggering Fire/Tornado Alarms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mgoddard

Technical User
Mar 23, 2006
US
I have been tasked with trying to use our Mitel 3300ICP to be able to call in and trigger our FIRE/TORNADO alarms remotely. Is this possible using DID? Would i just assign an access code for it. Any advice is greatly welcomed. Thank you.

We need far more information ... model of 3300? Software release? Does 3300 have an Analog Main Board (AMB)? How are the Fire/Tornado alarms triggered now? What is that system? Details, details, details...

Depending upon what is required to trigger the Alarm , if its a simple relay activation then
I would look at something external like an Algo 8180 sip device , program it as a generic sip extension in mitel , program it via its web interface , relay can be activated when rung .

As mentioned though without more system details its hard to offer other options.
There are lots of other options like door stations that have relay contacts as well

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Yep we need more to work with. What is the process to turn on the alarms? Is it some type of Computer with a modem connection?

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back