Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 ICP Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHead1

Technical User
Aug 29, 2011
We've been supporting a couple of 3300 ICP systems for a while now, for a remote client.

We've been able to solve most minor issues, and do basic day-to-day tasks on the system as required.

The sites are running Version 8.0 UR5.

Anyways - one issue that I've been chasing for a while is described by the receptionist as follows:

“In our phone system, 9 is supposed to transfer the caller to our staff directory. This is working on the night phones setting, but not on the day setting. When the caller dials 9 on days, they are told they are being transferred to the administrator and then told that the voicemail box is full. Transfers to the administrator come back to my phone, and the only voicemail I have is the company one which I check regularly and is empty at this point.”

So - I've checked all around - I, sadly, don't have direct access to dial into the system so have to rely on the receptionist to do a lot of this testing, or check after hours.

I suspect the voicemail box that day is being redirected to is the actual Administrator voicemail box, but don't have a way to see this for sure.

I've checked through various forms and settings for the receptionist extension of 1221, but not seen anything too out of the ordinary.

One thing I can see, that is different than the other users is Call Rerouting assignment.

For the receptionist extension, Day setting is set to 'no reroute' and NIGHT1 and NIGHT2 are set to reroute to the VoiceMail hunt group of 7000. Call rerouting first alternate is also set to dial 7000.

For all regular extensions, there is no rerouting set in DAY or NIGHT settings, just the Reroute First alternate, set to dial the VoiceMail hunt group.

Any other thoughts or places I've not looked would be appreciated.

I've also followed along in the help files, but don't see anything specific along these lines.

Thanks,
TheHead1

Dial by name directory is only available from the top level Auto-Attendant.

I suspect you will find that whatever is serving as the day auto-attendant is an actual mailbox. Dial 9 from a mailbox will not access DBN.

If someone preses 9 in a mailbox, depending on config, the system will most likely try to transfer to 9. This will fail in all likelyhood and the system will then transfer to whatever station is associated with mailbox zero. If this transfer fails, the system will try to take a message in mailbox zero. This is likely to be the source of the "Mailbox Full" message.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

In Night Mode does 9 transfer to dial by name directory or did someone record a directory of the staff? If you don't get the DBN prompt then as kwb said you aren't in the top level of the AA and you will need to figure out what VM box you are in when dialing 9.

"The only problem with common sense is that it's not that common

OK, this makes some sense.

How would I best determine what 9 corresponds to?

Logging onto the System Administrator application, I can't find anything corresponding to extension 9. Trying Locate Feature Extension 9 shows nothing (not that I'd necessarily expect it to).

It also appears that the Multi Level Auto-Attendant (via System Administrator) doesn't appear to have anything specific configured for either site (that said, the issue has only been reported on one site). Unless I should be looking elsewhere?

Anything you can offer to narrow it down would be appreciated.

Thanks!

You need to figure out what is answering the calls during the day.

I will most likely be a mailbox (Associated with the main attendant?)

At night the calls are most likely directed straight to VM and answered with the Top Level AA which is why DBN works at night.

One step at a time. you're looking for issues with 9 without knowing what is answering the call.

Interesting.

I just dialed into their system (Night Mode) - and dialed 6050 (which shows as the voicemail box for extension 0). I got a different message still referencing the business hours - but upon pressing 9 I got that I was being transferred to Administrator and the mailbox was full.

After this, pressing 9 took me to dial-by-name.

Seems I'm getting closer....

TheHead1

After the Mailbox is full message the system will send you to the Main Auto-Att where DBN works.

You still need to determine what mailbox is answering the initial call and why.

"I just dialed into their system (Night Mode) - and dialed 6050 (which shows as the voicemail box for extension 0). I got a different message still referencing the business hours - but upon pressing 9 I got that I was being transferred to Administrator and the mailbox was full."

Are you sure MB 6050 isn't set up as a MLAA box which then has 9 sending the call to another mailbox which is full?

"The only problem with common sense is that it's not that common

6050 is not an MLAA box. I can see nothing in the way of MLAA.

I've gone through from top to bottom and don't see anything referencing an individual dial of 9.

Something I did find out though - whatever 6050 is, it's connected to an analog port.

They have 2 RADs setup - I suspect it's tied into this.

At this point though, I am still stumped.

TheHead1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back