Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 ICP Advance Email Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

asayani

Technical User
May 31, 2005
CA
3300 ICP cannot forward voicemails to email,I have similar problems as below, how do I fix these issues specially #3? Slapin can you help?

1. Username translations. If there are spaces, underscores, dots or other "non-standard" signs it could be incorrectly translated on MITEL ot remote SMTP side.

2. Your MITEL server doesn't have PTR record in DNS. Most of the corporate email servers would not trust to this kind of senders. The dialdnostic could be 400 or 500 error message.

3.MITEL doesn't send it's domain name in the envelop of the SMTP message, but IP address.

The name in the Network Element Form is blank, do I put a name in there first and then setup the VM Server?

For #3 - The name in Networked VM is the name of the system that the VM resides on. From there you can set the Domain Name and don't forget the timezone offset.

For # 1 - The Mitel does not do any "Translations" it sends the email as entered in the VM form.

For #2 - In the system config form you can assign a host name that is recognised by DNS.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Network Element Form

Name:
Type: 3300ICP
Data Sharing ***
Local: True
Version 8.0.10.7_1
Zone: 1

NV Server Form
NO Record...

Do I leave the name element name blank in the NV Server Form?

You could try programming "Local" in the NV Server form but to be sure, program a Network Element Name. The first letter must be Alpha and a Capital. The rest lower case. 9 char max. (No Spaces or special Char, numbers ok)

Do we need to reboot the 3300 after we make changes to the Network Element Form?

No, the name will apply immediately. For it to display on the login screen you will need to logout and back in.

This issues is now resolved. Thank you kwbMitel,IrwinFletcher & Slapin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back