Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 ICP / 5312 IP Phone Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

halflife78

Programmer
Jan 22, 2007
US
I normally work on our Avaya platform but I am being asked to resolve an issue on our Mitel platform we currently have. If more details are needed than what I provide please let me know.

Platform: 3300 ICP
Version: 6.1

This PBX is currently in our Pitt office and they are wanting to see if they can place phones in other offices and have them connect back to the Pitt location through the MPLS which will be setup with QoS/CoS. I currently have a phone in ATL where I sit that I am trying to point back to the Pitt location but I cannot get it to work.

I am trying to do this specifically without using the DHCP scope and I am attempting to do this on a Mitel 5312 IP phone. Is it possible to actually do this with the PBX version and the phone type? If so, can someone direct me on what specific static settings I need to put in the Mitel phone to make this work.

I appreciate the help, let me know if I missed anything, I just "assume" it can do this since Avaya does.

Required:
Local IP for phone
Subnet mask
Gateway for phone
RTC - Set to ip address of 3300 controller
TFTP - Set to ip address of 3300 controller
Network routing allowing communication from Phone IP to Controller and back again.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Keep in mind 911 (emergency services) access. When someone calling 911 from the remote office, then emergency services may appear at the main location.

So I input the RTC/TFTP and the top left light is lit orange now on the stack but I get dialtone when I pick up the handset, do I actually need to setup the local ip/SN/GW or do I need to log in an extension?

Slapin,

This is just a test right now, that is one of many issues we have to get to but I appreciate you reminding me of it.

So I can 4 digit dial someone from the phone inside the office and I can hear them but they can't hear me for some reason. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Gateway routing from the controller is being sent the wrong way back (if at all)

Sorry, not from the controller, I meant phone at the controller side. Once the call is answered the call is peer2peer. Check the gateway for the phones on the main site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back