Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 Group Administration Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnvision

Technical User
Dec 4, 2003
US
I have to give a "not so smart" indiviual the ability to build / troubleshoot phones. I would like to use the Group Administration Tool (less is much better for this guy!). I have an external voicemail server and need to let this guy change the Call Rerouting to point to the exteranl server. Any help would be greatly appreiated!

Just an opinion...

In this day and age where the majority of your users have voice mail and a clear minority do not, wouldn't it be easier to use the system default reroutes of 1/1 for voice mail and then deal with the non-users as they come along?

In your case if ALL the meathead needed was access to the call rerouting assignment form I might be awfully tempted to allow him to telnet-in directly to the sx2K call control and build a user profile for him that only allowed him access to the one form and kicked him out after 15 minutes of inactivity. I know there's several forms you should never tamper with via the telnet interface but I don't think CAL R AS is one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back