Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 AX migration to MiVoice 9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

floppy1

Technical User
Aug 7, 2009
GB
Hi

We have an AX currently running old software 4.1 and the customer wants to upgrade to MiVoice 9.1.

The issue is that Mitel themselves can not find a part number for the suggested 8GB Flash 1 card as stated on there migration guide as extract below. I can only assume this is a typo on the migration document.

The question is has anyone successfully upgraded an AX to MiVoice 9.1 and if so which Flash 1 was required.

Thanks

From MiVoice Business 9.0 Migration Guide

PLATFORM SUPPORTED
AX Not until MiVoice Business Release 9.1

MINIMUM RAM 512 MB
MINIMUM HDD 8 GB Compact Flash 1and 4 GB Compact Flash 2

as Mitelappie said

cant do it - highest they can go to is 8.0 SP3

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

Probably a premature post as I am aware that 9.1 has not yet been released. If anyone has any idea when it will be released please do tell.

This is in anticipation of 9.1 being released as the customer wants to blacklist incoming calls so would prefer to wait.

Here in the UK Mitel has passed all tech support to a third party company that will remain unnamed for now and they cant tell us when 9.1 will be out or find a PN for a 8GB Flash 1.

Really I simply want to confirm the information on the Mitel migration to 9.0 document that states the AX will require 512 RAM " That's ok " but the document refers to replacing the 2GB flash 1 card with a 8GB flash 1 card and this is the item I cant find a part number for.

Probably is not yet on CPQ. I just thought perhaps 9.1 had been released in the US or other country's ahead of us here in the UK and that someone may have had experience with the AX to 9.1

I will hold fire for now and wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back