Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 Auto Attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandabear1

Technical User
Oct 14, 2004
CA
I have a 3300 5.0 PR1 release 11.0.0.105_1 with embedded voicemail. I am familiar with MLAA to a point on the 3300 but was wondering if there is a workaround for the following. What essentially the customer wants is two instances of auto attendant. Currently they have an auto attendant with options from 1 to 5, now they want one number to call in and give two options to call extensions but also be able to dial any extension from that point. What I am wondering is the second part, is there a way with a menu node or other way to have the one line come in and give say 2 options and also dial any extension? Thanks in advance for any help.

A standard mailbox will allow dial any extension

You can use the Personal Directory numbers in the Mailbox to allow single digit dialing as well

If using the PDN's avoid using 2,3, or 7 as these engage canned greetings instructing customers to press C(Cell), F(Fax) and P(Pager)

It will try to take a message at the end of the greeting though so if that's an issue you may be hooped.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back