Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 as a DASS II gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biscuits87

Technical User
Sep 18, 2011
GB
Hi all,

We have a nice technical challenge which I'm hoping some of you may be able to help with.

We have a legacy system that only accepts DASS II lines, those lines will be switched off in the coming months. Replacing/upgrading the system will cost a considerable amount. So we're left with trying to get either an ISDN30 or SIP converter.

What I'd like to try is install a CX or similar with two digital link licenses, have our new ISDN (Again or SIP, but I feel like this will be easier with ISDN) come into the CX and then have a DASS card connected to the legacy system.

Has anyone done this before? Am I mad for thinking this will work(And getting excited about the prospect of giving it a go)?

Any help would be great.

Cheers,
Bisc

Not Knowing much about DASS II Lines

Sounds ok to me

we have done similar things with passing ISDn from a carrier back to a TDM system whilst we migrate usres off and onto the mitel

Key issue would be whther a DASS II circuit can be made to act like a network side on the CX Gateway

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

My research says that DASS II is only supported on external NSU's which are MD'd already and obsolete (will not function) as of the next software load.

You would also require either 2 NSU's or an additional Embedded PRI module as the Protocols cannot be mixed on one device.

You should look at replacing the existing system.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thanks guys. We'll be able to get a refurb NSU, will then install a PRI into the CX.

Replacing the system is a six figure investment. The client needs more time as the news that their DASS trunks are soon to be switched off was only recently dropped on them. Once we've taken the immediate pressure away we can then start project planning the move to a new system

DASS II will work fine on a T1/E1 card & RJ45/Coax Balun, we have a considerable amount working this way in the UK. In theory you should be able to set it up as the local exchange although not something I've done with a 3300.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back