Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

32-button Expansion Module for Avaya 1416 Phone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjm8535

Vendor
Jun 24, 2013
US
My new customer has three (3) Avaya 1416 Digital phines each one equipped with a BM32 Expansion Module running off of an Avaya IP Office 500 v2 R9 System which was installed by another vendor. When I look at "Button Programming" under "User", I can only scrill down to button #32 and therefore, it does not appear that I can add any feature to buttons #33 to #48. Does the Avaya 1416 Phone not support the BM32 Expansion Module past button #32? Refer to photo attachment. Any ideas? Thanks, chm8535

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=24a7cb7a-8726-4391-9fd1-87feffb4d9dd&file=image.jpeg
Try selecting "Display all buttons"

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Thanks, but I cannot locate a field where to select "Display All Buttons". I even searched the "Help" menu.

It's next to the buttons list....on the button programming tab :)

That's on some wacky resolution setting and clearly not displaying everything correctly. Try scrolling down or correct the resolution/zoom level.

Additionally you are using trial/personnal use software for commercial purposes, naughty :)

What you are seeing on the screen shot is a remote access session via TeamViewer that this new client asked us to use until we get a direct IP access connection from their IT company sometime this week. Thanks.

I hope you use the DBM32 button modules since you are using digital phones.

Well, that's where it is, so if you don't see it it's a local issue.
Only time I've seen display issues is with incorrect resolution/zoom levels and remote access sessions mess with the resolution/zoom levels.....

Buttons.PNG

OK. When I am physically at their office tomorrow with direct local access, I will be able to check this out myself first hand. We have direct IP access to quite a few of our other Clients' Avaya IPO Systems, so when I get back to my office tonight I will log in to a couple myself and look for the "Display All Buttons" tab. I do not usually administer our client's systems, but our 2 other Avaya certified techs are unavailable due to vacation time this week. Thanks again.

Looks like you just have to scroll down. The button table (and not the whole window).

You were correct. I am physically on site today with direct access to the Avaya IPO System, and can now plainly see that it is a resolution issue due to their current use of TeamViewer. Thanks again. chm8535

You could just have pressed F1 for help in Button Programming and it would have told you that it needs to be checked if you have button modules.

People should try the help sometimes, it's actually useful.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back