Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3197 error when entering data in subform after converting to v2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2003
US
Hello!

I've got a bugger of a problem that has me scratching the few hairs I have left..

We converted from 97 to 2000 recently. Our form has 6 or 7 subforms that have data housed in seperate tables. We are using the split Front/Back with Access only. When editing data in the subforms, after initally opening the form, it works fine. When you search the main form for another record, and then edit the data in the subform, the wonderful "The Microsoft Jet Engine Database has stopped the process because you and another user are trying to edit the data at the same time" error pops up several times, and changes the subform's fields to #error. We have no locks enabled, the problem occurs with one or several users in the database. The ldb files create/delete as normal. I have ran Jet Compact on both, rebuilt the form and tab control on it, created new databases, and imported to them. This is one of those things that I am probably looking right at and can't see....

I'll be drinking for now...

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back