Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3005 tunnel won't stay up

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblewis

MIS
Jun 25, 2003
US
I'm stuck... I have a customer with a Cisco 3005 VPN Concentrator. I don't deal with these very often, if ever. I was able to create an IPSEC Lan-to-Lan tunnel, and the tunnel seems to work... that is as long as there is nearly constant traffic on it... It won't stay up more than 90 seconds if there is no traffic on the tunnel. The tunnel can then only be reestablished with traffic from the 3005's end of the tunnel, not from the far end. I've double checked and keep alives are enabled for the group this tunnel uses, but what they are keeping alive is beyond me.

The dozen or so tunnels that I have configured on the Watchguard equipment that I usually work with don't seem to have this problem.

Can anyone tell me how to nail this tunnel up??

Get them to send you the logs from the conentrator. Need to see what's going on. What is on the other side of the tunnel the watchguard? What are those logs showing you?

I'm not sure what the guys on the other end changed, but I let them look at our configuration and I suspect they found something that wasn't matching.

I guess that's the hardest part about creatinga VPN between devices of different brands: the fact the different manufacturers refer to the various components of a VPN tunnel differently.

JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back