Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

30,000 pigs 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, "Video Killed the Radio Star" was the first video shown on MTV - ironically. Oh, and the proper spelling for MTV is "Empty V".

====================================
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw

@johnherman: I (more) ironically happened to know that bit of trivia about the song, making it all the more ridiculous I didn't recognize the song when I heard it (I knew "of" the song). hahaha.

Empty V... *chuckles*

Mike
---------------------------------------------------------------
"To be alive is to revel in the moments, in the sunrise and the sunset, in the sudden and brief episodes of love and adventure,
in the hours of companionship. It is, most of all, to never be paralyzed by your fears of a future that no one can foretell."

Along similar lines to the "Empty V", several years ago, my nephew was leaving for two years of missionary service to The Ukraine. To prepare for missionary service and familiarize missionaries with the foreign language they will be speaking, these volunteers spend several weeks at the Missionary Training Center (also known as The MTC). Dropping off the prospective missionary at the MTC is an exciting experience for parents and siblings, as well.

On the way to the MTC, nephew's 4-year-old sibling asks, "Do we take a car, or do we ride in a boat to the 'Empty Sea'?"

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
“People may forget what you say, but they will never forget how you made them feel.

Well, I once made my own MTV t-shirt, which had an empty (outlined) V instead of the logo. Not many got that.

Bye, Olaf.

Shortly after sitting through 'The Jungle Book' video with my 3 year old nephew I heard him singing "those bear necessities, forget about your worries and your stripes".

Television subtitles often make worse errors. Like saying "the Arab Spring has become an Arab Bottom", when the man said "Autumn". Or "foot-soldiers" becoming foot shoulders.

I have a collection of them on Flickr.

There are also hymns,
Gladly My Cross-Eyed Bear
. "Though
There is a green hill far away / Without a city wall
is not an error, "without" has an out-of-date meaning as "outside".

------------------------------
An old man [tiger] who lives in the UK

My nephew once came back from primary school singing a hymn he'd learnt there: "I will make you vicious old men". It took some thinking to work out that it should have been "I will make you fishers of men".

Actually, given what's been going on in some churches recently, maybe he had it right.

-- Chris Hunt
Webmaster & Tragedian
Extra Connections Ltd

[Old Hymns]

"Shells" We Gather by the River

There is a "Gland" Beyond the "Liver"

(Shall We Gather at the River)

(There is a Land Beyond the River)

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search