Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3-Way Conference Disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin B

Programmer
May 4, 2017
CA
Hey Everyone,

First time poster. I'm administering a Nortel CS1000E(7.5) system with Contact Center 6.

We have agents making outbound DN calls to external numbers(dialing 91-number)

They are sometimes required to conference these calls to a specific 3rd party external number. They use the conference button on their phone and everything works as normal, however, they are unable to disconnect from the call without disconnecting the other 2 parties from each other.

If they are conference to an internal CDN(that goes to a contact center queue), they are able to disconnect from the call while keeping the other 2 connected.

To try to trick the phone system, i've tried setting up a CDN and type 500 set with DCFW to the intended external destination. It didn't work.

Is this behaviour common across all Nortel systems or is there something that can be changed to allow this?

Hi Kevin

Never worked with CC6 however from a pbx point of view I suspect if only one agent on the local pbx is originating the external conference calls (3/6 party) when that agent hangs up it will disconnect everyone. I would think that is normal. If you have 2 agents or more (local to the pbx) and part of a 3/6 conference call then if one of the agents hangs up the remaining conference connections should remain active. You need one agent to be connected to the pbx or the connection will crumble like a house of cards............

TGD

Take a print of the d-channel of the loop on which you are dialing external numbers..Look for the prompt NASA, if it is NO ..Change it to YES..

There are several things that can come into play for trunk to trunk calls but these are the first things to look at.
LD 21 prt TYPE net
EXTT should be yes.

The CLS of the phone should have FTTC or FTTU.

Also check the RDB for the incoming and outgoing trunk routes. You should have:
NEDC ETH
FEDC ETH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back