Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3 ?'s regarding Norstar MICS & Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daycock

Technical User
Dec 20, 2002
US
Ok here is the first situation.
The company has 4 lines to the building, they want some phones to access all four lines and some to access 2 lines without them being assigned to them and ringing and appearing at them . Is there a way to assign a line to 2 different line pools? Like line 001,002,003,004 be assigned to line pool "A" and lines 003,004 be assigned to line pool "A" and "B"?

Second question
How do you change the IP address on the Voicemail system instead of having the default address(192.168.192.10 I think it is)?

Third question
The office phones have 4 digit extensions (ex. 1500, 1808...), but when setting up the voicemail extensions, it will only allow 3 digit extensions (100,101..). How do you change it to allow 4 digit extension to match the phone extension? (ex. phone extenison is 1505 and voicemail extension be 1505)

Any advice would be good. Thanks!

1-1 line, 1 pool Make 2 different line Pools

Questions 2 & 3 are in the FAQ File

Oh ok, I knew I've seen them 2 ?'s somewhere before, but I was looking in the forums section for them and not the FAQ section. Sorry, my mistake. Yeah currently on question 1 I have Line 001 and 002 as line pool "A" and Line 003 and 004 as line pool "B" with some phones having access to just one pool or both. Thats the only way I could think of how to do it. I didn't know if there was another trick of doing it.

Thanks for your respone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back