Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3 rd Party Paging Systems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gee4u

Programmer
Jul 21, 2003
NZ
Has anyone had experience with connecting an external amplifier to an analog port for paging??? how well does it work?

Regards,

Ideal scenario is to connect the amp thru a dt phone, ( see the job aid )but anal port will work fine too., Have had to put a anal phone in the loop to match the impedence previously, Avaya did supply a paging interface card but it never did work for me.

Works like a charm with correct short code programming. Per tier 3 here are some parameters to check...

Make sure ICLID is off on the analog trunk, change the direction to outgoing only, bearer should = voice. Change the disconnect clear setting to 30 ms and await dial tone to 15 ms. Make sure you put this trunk in its own trunk group. The short code could be any code, tele number field should be N, feature is dial, and change the trunk group number.

Keep in mind if you are forcing account codes on stations that they will have to enter the code in order to make a page.

I have installed over 10 in this fashion and have had no problems. All paging amplifiers were either bogen or valcom.

heykid26 [cannon]

What you need is a PAM 10 UNIT , can be purchased from Nimans in uk £60.
This is a barrier box its safe as it protects the analogue port and the amplifier and most important it works.It provides a matching impedance of 600 ohms .
The box itself has a number of dip switches settings which allows you to connect to an analogue extension or trunk.
It uses terminal screws to connect the wires a pair from the IPOff/Alchy and another pair to the amp.

GRANDMASTEROPI -- where can i find the Job aid for paging on a dt port. I can't find it on Avaya's website

Thanks All

Look under the eng toolkit!! Version 1.4 that 32rd disk that is not to be used as coffee mat
[lightsaber]

have you ever tried these solutions with realistic mpa-30
or asaji modelo 2061 y 2071?

someone told me that TAM-B bogen between the ipo and the paging system could help, have you heard about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back