Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3+ openbsd system

Status
Not open for further replies.

judderman

Technical User
Sep 26, 2002
GB
Ive got my openbsd system up and running, yey. Anyway I have 2 other computers just sitting in my room donig nothing so im wondering if its possible to set them up providing services that my single OBSD machine it s doing. Unfortunatly i only have a single ip so im wondering if its possible to do what im thinking using portforwarding? This is what i want to do...

OBSD 1 -> Id have this machine providing NAT, Firewalling and portforwarding, this would be the only machine connected to the internet, it would be only one with a public ip. Assigned a private ip by me.

OBSD 2 -> This machine would provide DHCP and DNS, it would have a private ip assigned by me.

OBSD 3 -> Website, SMB, FTP etc.. This would also have a private ip assigned by me.

All the OBSD machines would be connected to a switch along with the windows clients. Would people be able to get at both my DNS and my web server?

Yep. That's easy. All you need to do is make sure that you allow the neccesary ports through the pf and redirect traffic to the right machine on the inside.

I would take a 3rd NIC for the BSD Box attached to the internet and i'd move all machines offering services to the Internet (www, smtp, dns, ...) in an extra area (DMZ).
Do you need to use dhcp? If so i would install the service on an machine internal area.

:)hno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back