Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3 fold & 4 fold brochure set-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephmaya

Technical User
Nov 18, 2003
CA
I have to set-up a 3 fold leaflet and a 4 fold leaflet at 5.5 x 8.5.

I am not sure the best way to set it up so that it folds properly.

In Quarkxpress, do I set the pages up all beside each other?
Please advise!

Thank you,
Stephanie

A brochure is a single sheet of paper. You use separate pages in Quark when you deal with a book that will be bound. Brochures are not bound.

If your brochure is printed on both sides, create a 2-page document. Draw guidelines to indicate where to fold.

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

I get what you are saying, but What I need is for the booklet to have a leaf page that folds in. I still feel unsure how to do this. I understand I can make two pages of the booklet 5.5 Wx8.5 L (one 8.5x11) page, but how do I set up that third 5.5x8.5 to fold in?

I can't see a template like that!

Also I need to design a Media Folder, is there a template somewhere for that?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!

stephmaya,

You may be missing a critical, basic concept here. I apologize if I am reading too much into your situation but an introductory course (a video, book, or class) in publishing may get you pointed in the right direction.

Take a piece of paper and fold it into what you would like your brochure to look like. Sketch in where you want text and graphics to appear.

Now here is the trick...

Unfold it and measure where the creases and graphic elements are. In Quark, drag guidelines from the rulers and position them where the folds should be.

Quark displays pages, not brochure panels. You will not see folded edges of a sheet of paper as a separate page in Quark. Quark sees exactly what you have unfolded in front of you... a single page (2 pages, if you are printing on 2 sides of a sheet).

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back