Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3 digit dialing for 811 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdm1964

Technical User
Jul 1, 2009
US
We have a One Call service in Louisiana for underground utility locates that can be accessed by dialing 811. I have a customer that can't access this number through an Op 61. They can call 911 through an SPN so I copied the SPN set up but I get a reorder tone. I tried using it as an NXX and a NPA as well and I can get out but AT&T plays a recording that I do not have to dial a 1 before the call.

Any ideas on if this could be the Op 61 or is it AT&T and their trunks?

dial your access code and jump on a trunk, if you get that same message, not your problem.

Mato' Was'aka

If you copied 911 it should have worked call ATT

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

best way IF 811 is a vacant number in your 61 would be to add it as a dsc.. but perry's right, if your sending it top the same rlb as 911 it should work unless they are doing some type of work around...

do they dial 911 or 9,911.. you can not copy 911 if they are dialing just 911.. in that case 11 is a spn, 9 is ac1, the spn 11 points to a rlb that inserts the 9 back

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

How do you access outside lines (external calls)? LD 90 PRT... SUM

How do you access 911? (911, 9,911, etc.)

Print the 911 setup. LD 87 PRT, CDP, DSC/TSC/LSC

Print the 911 RLI. LD 86 PRT, RLB...

Print the DMI (if used). LD 86 PRT, DGT...

This will show you what is happening when 911 is called. Then you can create a new DSC/TSC for 811.

I tried adding a DSC but an error came back that there was no CDP table built. I tried to make one in LD 87, but it did not work. No matter what I tried I could not add a DSC.

You may need to modify or create a new ESN datablock. Here is what I use.
LD 86
FEAT ESN
MXLC 25
MXSD 1000
MXIX 50
MXDM 50
MXRL 50
MXFC 50
MXFS 50
MXSC 1000
NCDP 5
AC1 xx Access Code 1 (usually 9)
AC2 xx Access Code 2 (usually 8)
DLTN YES
ERWT YES

Youmay also need to modify or create a new Network Control datablock.
LD 87
REQ: NEW
TYPE: NCTL

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back