Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3-D Modeling Operation Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbnak1

Technical User
Jan 24, 2002
US
Can anybody tell me how I can extrude an object when I keep getting this message?:

Specify height of extrusion or [Path]: 30
Specify angle of taper for extrusion <0>: 45
Extrusion creation failed.
Modeling Operation Error:
The Draft angle results in a self intersecting body.
Unable to extrude the selected object.

As you can see I am trying to create an angled or wedge shape. The wedge command does not help me either.

I am working on a project that requires some weird angles in the roof structure.

If I am not able to extrude becuase of the draft angles is there a way that I can create a drawing by using the line command and then somehow converting it to a solid?

Can you create some intersecting solids to &quot;boolean&quot; the shape you need out of them?

I have tried creating a &quot;mass elemant&quot; but to no avail.

Hi,

Exactly, what kind of shapes are you trying to make?

Please feel free to email me on renegade@tiscali.co.uk with a sketch or drawing so I can see what you're after..

You can also fax me a quick sketch on +44871 242 4051

I hope I can help,

Cheers,

Paul.. BULLET-PROOF DESiGNZ
renegade@tiscali.co.uk

your 45ºangle of taper for extrusion is too big in your aplication... I think

good look
Pedro Treviño

DJRenegade,

I am trying to create a roof element that has many different shapes one of them being the top parapet portion which is at a 45 degree angle.

Sbnak1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back