Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3 com total control

Status
Not open for further replies.

webgrfx

Technical User
Oct 9, 2003
US
I have a 3 com total control rack hyper dsp modem rack . I need to reset the password on the management card. How do I do this. I have removed battery let sit all night and nothing.

Rick

I found this article. You might want to try it but it could be a different model.

Question
Total Control Network Management Card - How to reset to Factory Defaults

Answer
NOTE: To reset the NMC you will need a PC or Terminal Emulating computer and the NULL Modem adaptor to reconfigure the card after reset to Factory Defaults:
1. Pull the NMC Card from the Total Control Chassis
2. On the surface that faces "right" when viewing the chassis from the front find the Dip Switches
3. Turn Switch 5 to "ON" position (when "front" of card is to your "left" the "ON" position is to your right).
4. Reseat the NMC and wait for it to reboot.
5. After the NMC Reboots you should see the configuration Menu
6. Configure the NMC
7. Save the new configuration to NVRAM
8. Save the Chassis to NVRAM
9. Remove NMC from the Total Control Chassis
10.Turn Switch 5 to "OFF" position (when "front" of card is to your "left" the "OFF" position is to your left).
11.Reseat the NMC and it should now boot with your saved configuration
Alternative fix using TCM (Total Control Manager)
1. Pull the NMC Card from the Total Control Chassis
2. On the surface that faces "right" when viewing the chassis from the front find the Dip Switches
3. Turn Switch 5 to "ON" position (when "front" of card is to your "left" the "ON" position is to your right).
4. Reseat the NMC and wait for it to reboot.
5. The community strings have now been reset to the factory default settings of public and private
6. Connect to the NMC using TCM using these default community strings
7. When chassis is opened select the NMC Card by clicking on it.
8. Select "Community Names" from the "Security" menu in TCM.
9. Change the community names (also known as community strings) to the new desired values
9. Save the Chassis to NVRAM
10 Remove NMC from the Total Control Chassis
11.Turn Switch 5 to "OFF" position (when "front" of card is to your "left" the "OFF" position is to your left).
12.Reseat the NMC and it should now boot with your saved community strings.

Question
Total Control NETServer - Resetting the password on the Total Control NETServer

Answer
Fix for lost password:
1. Set Dip switch 5 on
2. Reboot
3. Set dip switch 5 off
Please note that doing this will erase all configurations on the Total Control Netserver.
To put a new password in type:
set password [password | none]

I pulled my card out and it does not have any dip switches at all. it does have a battery, a push button says reset, and one jumper pin set that says clear nvram, I have tried all configutions with no luck.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back