Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3 com switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

a2287884

Technical User
May 22, 2009
IN
We have 3com 4 managable switches 3250 network
old admin has not given password for switches so i rest 2 switch for the password with console username "recover" and password "recover" now the when i plug the systems in restted switch only those ping each other but not pinging to switch which are not resetted.
switch 1 & switch 2 are in working condition.
switch 3 & switch 4 are in working condition but sw1&2 and sw3&4 are not pinging each other. led indication is ok on switch3&4 but not on sw1&2 tried different port.
do we have same password for all switches in VLAN0001 becoz after resetting the password its not working

how to crack password of 3 com 3250 switch without hammpering the exsisting configuration or how to backup i have only console port i dont know ip of sw1 & 2

It should work for all the switches as there is no way to disable the recover facility...

"The password recovery feature allows you to reset the
admin user password by logging into the unit via the
console port using the username recover and
password recover. If you power cycle the unit within
30 seconds then the password will be reset and you
will be prompted to enter a new password on restart.
There is no command to disable the password
recovery feature."

-Blue
The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them

Hello,
I have 3com 4500 switch.
My problem is that ip packets with same src $ dst address do not goes out through the dst port.
i whould like to set the switch to be agnostic to layer 3 addresses.
so:
1. How do i set switch to work with L2 only with no routing at all? ( like cisco command "no ip routing")?
2. How do i disable QOS on the switch?

Thanks,
-Shlomi

vr13171,

You should open your own thread, instead of hijacking this one and confusing the issue of the original poster.

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back