Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3.7 User Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

subx

Technical User
Mar 10, 2004
DE
Hi there,

anybody know about that problem? I did a BCM 400 Rel. 3.7 installation and everthing went fine. But now after 2-3 month the REMOTE-Login doesnt work. Also new User Accounts doesnt work. BRU isnt working anymore and there are several messages about USER or ACCOUNT problems. I always have to do Hardware-Reboots cause D-COM isnt ready. Network isnt ready or used or couldnt be found. Anybody ever had the same problems????

regards,

subx

i had a very simmilar situation and it turned out to be that the system name of the BCM was the same as the company's domain controller. the symptoms were almost exactly the same as you are describing. it would be worth a look i think.

I have heard that changing the system name to the Domain name causes problems. I leave all 60 of my systems to Workgroup.

I agree. I leave it at Workgroup also but it just so happened that the system name was the same as the existing domain controller.

thx for your answers... anyways here it was a different cause and i didnt found out... all what i could do is to ghost the system and start reprogramming........

regards,

subx

Is this a new 3.7 system or an upgrade from an older system? If upgrade then check the BFT recall notice.

What is the NT part number on the back of the BCM on the (White Label)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back