Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3.7 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Sixty

Technical User
Feb 28, 2005
GB
I was wondering has anyone else came accross this problem. I was completing a 3.7 install for another company.When I configured the route for the PRI there was no option within the route in call routing to set it as public or private etc. This was creating a problem on outgoing calls. The network was rejecting calls because the system was sending out 3 digits of the extension number like this was a private route not public. I was wondering had anyone had this problem.

Marshall

When you were programming the PRI, did you create a route and destination code? Under the route is where you assign PRI-A or whatever PRI it is and then indicate private or public and if any digits are dialed out via the route automatically (like a carrier code). The destination code is where you determine how many digits are absorbed.

I have a 3.7 system w/PRI installed on it in one of my offices and haven't encountered any issues w/the programming of this.

Hope this helps.
Ann

Hi Ann

I know how to set it up OK. I did not see the option to set as private,public or special number etc.I have installed plenty of systems from 2.5 to 3.7 but never noticied that the option was not there. I will check on a couple of other systems in the office. I have 3 BCM systems that have been upgraded to 3,7 in my Lab and all of them have the option. But just wondered incase the option was not there on a different global MSC load. Like I stated above I never installed the system just finished some work for another company.

Marshall

I've seen the option on all North American systems I've worked on (just checked the one I'm working on now).

Unfortunately, I don't have any way to verify for you since all my docs are for the NA core load. If you feel brave you could load a different core on one of your lab machines and see if it shows up. I did that once for a customer who was wanting to connect a BCM to a Cisco router via E-1 overseas and needed an E-1 connection out of the BCM to test things out before they shipped the router.

I think this guy has loaded a global core rather than one for the UK. I might give it a go and see what happens. I will post the results and let you know.

Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back