Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3.7 CONFERENCE CALLS BEING DROPPED? PATCH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BizFoneGuy

Technical User
Aug 14, 2005
CA
I'm having a problem with conference calls being dropped on an intermittent basis. When the two calls are bridged, there is no problem. It is when the attendant drops out of the conference to allow for an unsupervised conference, the parties are disconnected sometimes. The trunking is via PRI-A. Is there a patch fix for this?

The bridge is designed to drop once the conference host disconnects. I recommend using F71 (link from the CO), it enables you to use the phone company's conferencing features if you have subscribed to them (Conf, Call Waiting, etc...).

This is on a PRI. I have found that by using feature 70 it works fine and the attendent can drop out successfully each time. I don't understand why 2 outgoing calls cannot be released from in the same method. Won't work on two outgoing calls?

Feature 70 is transfer not conference. The three parties are never conferenced together (original call is put on hold) so that is why the attendant can drop off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back