Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3.2 Software 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

etel

Technical User
Jun 7, 2004
US
All of the 3.2 software is now on the AVAYA web site

Thanks for the heads up!

Downloaded, installed, fingers crossed! ;-)

Mark

p.s. I like the "nifty" new features that several of the apps have... SMTP alarms are a wonderful addition!

Watch the new security settings, just a heads up warning for you..

ipo.gif

"Launching late 2006

Anyone know how to Downgrade from 3.2 back to 3.1.65? I've tried running the "UpgradeWizard" from 3.1, it goes through:

contacting....
Offline required (yes / no) (select yes)
Assoc modules will be cancelled (ok)
IPO reboots / waiting
Contacting; transferring; at about half way through Transferring, it fails; IPO reboots
Msg Box "All units have upgraded" but status shows as failed.

I'm thinking that the DTE option is the only option; but open to suggestions.

After reading your description, I would go through the DTE-port!

Just give it a AT-X :)

I actually found another way to do it.

Downgrade to 3.0.99 works fine; you can then load 3.1.65 back on without problems;

I have also reloaded the config from before the upgrade just to be on the safe side.

Thanks for your help though.

Alan

Why did you have to downgrade the system?

Did you have problems you would like to share with us about 3.2????

Jamie Green

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

i had to downgrade due to having a voicemail server password. even using security login to change the password didnt help. had to downgrade to 3.1.58 and remove vm password and re-upgrade. So AVAYA missed something....3.2 Manager rocks...ive needed this software more than i can count. thank you for listening teir 3. thank you so much...

jdovejr

Has anyone that has downloaded this had errors saying that you r extensions (101,102,103, etc...) conflict with the 1xx dialplan? How can you remove these errors?

Yip it will report errors if Shortcodes clash like this

The Error list should be treated as an indication of possible errors. Personaly I perefer it to list false +ve's than for it to miss somthing that could take me ages to spot.
fortunatly it will still enable you to uplode a config that it feels may contain errors

I can download 3.1 software, but there's nothing for 3.2. WTF!

hen I found this:

You will need a valid Sold-to Party number to access downloads.

Just lovely!

select downloads
select I, then IP Office
you should be able to download all V3.2 firmware.
is is working fine fro me

In technical bulletin 71 it states that earlier 406 v2 modules need to have the loader upgraded to V2.4 using 3.0.999.Then upgraded to 3.1.65 then upgraded to 3.2.How do you know what loader is installed on a particular IPO? We are currently running 3.1.56.

Doesn't hurt to do it again just in case

The reason for the downgrade was due to a problem with Soft Console. The way in which Avaya have changed the assisted transfer makes if a little strange to say the least.

In older versions of SC, when you have an incoming call, and make an enquiry call to see if the internal extension will take the call, the incoming external call goes blue, and stays in the top right pane; however in later 3.1 SC's and 3.2 SC the incoming external call drops into the bottom left "on hold" box, and the enquiry call goes into the top left pane.

This causes our receptionist some problems recovering the call from the keyboard without using the mouse to get it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back