Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3.1.65 > 4.2 -- Any comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

as1981

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2006
GB
All,

We are currently preparing for the upgrade above, which includes a two system SCN, CCC on one IPO and centralised VM Pro.

The actual upgrade will be done by our BP, they know what they are doing and I don't so I will leave it to the professionals.

I'm just looking for any comments/advice from people who have done it. Any useful features that have disappeared, any things to watch out for, any things not to do e.t.c.

Thanks

Andrew

What is the hardware you are upgrading? some features have changed a little but i would have to know what you are using.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Sorry I should have specified that. It's 406v2. I am aware of the need to check the PCS version.

Perhaps I should also clarify my question. I've read the release bulletin for 4.2 so I know about the listed new features, I was more looking for the things you find out from experience after you've done the upgrade, like something that doesn't work as it used to but isn't a new feature as such or things that look a good idea until you've done it and find out why it's not.

Maybe it's a stupid question and should be ignored.

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew,

The big warning is to reset your hunt groups timers. One of the upgrade jumps (4.0, 4.1 or 4.2) resets all hunt group voicemail coverage to 45 seconds.
Check the ARS table for your dialing short codes.
If you use queuing, then go over the new timers for the hunt groups.
Do setup User Rights and put them to work. It is really handy for labeling buttons for Appearance, DND, Park, Night, etc.
Do use Visual Voice when people hit the Messages button--clients like it better than the regular TTI.

Good luck,
Frank

Frank Robertshaw
The Phone Guy
Nashville, TN

If you have DS16v2 or DS30v2 modules then you need to upgrade them to 3.2.999 first !!!

Then you can upgrade to 4.2

When you use lcr and secondairy dial tone then check user shortcode because the do not change

The secondairy dialtone shortcode is removed from the system

DS phones will upgrade the firmware and there are always a couple that ang because they timeout (tftp)

You then need to find them and unplug them to force the upgrade

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Frank, TLPeter,

Thanks to you both for your advice.

TLPeter - I'm leaving the upgrade to the professionals (my BP). I'm not touching stuff I don't understand.

Andrew

In some cases we have noticed that some it manager do have more knowledge then the BP :)

Most BP's do the installation and leave the system. Bu IP Office needs daily care, like a baby :) So the responsibility of this care left to the it manager. That's why it manager knows system better.

i did this on friday last week

do the 3.19999
and the

and once the PCS is ok you will have no issue's

make sure you have the 3.1 software just encase

The 3.1.999 for the 406v2 is only needed when it is on 3.1.62 or lower

When 3.1.63 and higher you can go straight to 4.2

Status
Not open for further replies.