Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3.0 upgrade to 5.5 card compatibility ? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imstillhere

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2008
US
Sucession 3.0 Call Pilot 4.0 Symposium 5.0 81c. no VOIP

Can anyone tell me if I really need these 2 cards to upgrade from SUCCESSION 3.0 to 5.5.
why do i need these?
I checked the product compatibility document 553-3001-156 which led me to NN43001-311, Rev 02.08, for release 5.5 that still shows my old media card NTVQ01BA as compatible.

So why do i need

1. NTAG86BD MIRAN III Option Medium
(Will my NTAG36AC Miran no longer work?
it is only used to play a few announcements if Call pilot goes down)

2. NTDU41GA Media Card 32S MC (32S)
(Is this the replacement for my NTVQ01BA, because that card has been disabled since I got here.)

Thank you in advance for your expert advice.

your MIRAN should be good to hook, I have a couple II's in my system.

Mato' Was'aka

If you don't use voip then you shouldn't need to install the MC32S card. Unless I'm mistaken, that's only used for voip gateway.

That is why i put no VOIP in the beginning, I was pretty sure of that as well, but I was hoping to get confirmation since im only dangerous on this matter.

On the Miran III (IRA) card I believe it is a firmware issue on the card.
When we did our 3.0 to 5.5 upgrade we were also told our “new” IRA card would have to be replaced also. I ether did not keep any notes about the Miran issue or I have misplaced them, sorry.

I have a MIRAN II and 2 MIRAN III's on 5.5 1000E. Work fine, I do not have them on the Network, I get on the card, or TUI, but they work fine.

Mato' Was'aka

I was told by Keith(thank you) that the new Media card has network security updates compatible with the 5.5 software, but that if im not using VIOP i dont need it. Thank you all for your input.
It is greatly appreciated !!

You only need the MC32s if you are encrypting your speech. Otherwise a bog-standard MC32 works just fine.

You will need DSP resources however in the upgrade to 5.5 if you have more than one cabinet/chassis but they should probably be spec'd in as DSP daughterboards on your new Media Gateway Controller card(s).

Disregard previous post....just read that it's an 81C. IPE shelves don't need MGC's.

Big Indian, what vintage/release are your Miran II's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back