Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2nd OTM question

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneTechMan

Programmer
Jun 4, 2002
US
I'm trying to find out as much as I can about OTM. I'm sure there are those out who are using it daily, I'd like to know exactly what you need to set it up. I've heard that it requires a server connected to the switch. Can someone please give me the straight scoop please? Thanks in advance.

You are asking a very broad question. First you do not have to have a "server". When you install it on a PC, that PC is in fact what OTM calls a server. You can have client to install on a second PC and it just that, a client. To set the server, first create a site. You have to determine what type of connectivity you will use IE ehternet or serial. If ethernet, then it has to be on the ELAN so you can access the switch. Once you do that then set all the paramaters of the site.

Tell you what if you post your email address I will email you and we can trade phone numbers and I will call you as long as you are in the USA. I can walk you through the set of OTM

There is another option to OTM or MAT and that is PhoneMaster. PhoneMaster is easy-to-use, can be PC or Server based, can be connected directly, via modem or terminal server. Visit for more details.

Thanks for both your answers. I realize that my question was very generalized, but what I'm looking for is just a brief overview of how you set it up. I've checked with a local vendor, and they were the ones who mentioned a server. We haven't purchased OTM yet, I'm just trying to gather all of the info I can so I can be an informed consumer. The reason we're looking into it is for generating reports in a format other that what the switch will give you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back