Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2nd Level Call-Forwarding 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRNurse

IS-IT--Management
Feb 2, 2005
AU
Hi All
Had this a while ago, but can't remember how exactly it's done (SFA?)
Basically, if User A calls User B, who's CFNA transfers to User C, User A get's User B's Voicemail.
How to I get the Meridian to give user C's voicemail.
Basically callers coming into the switchboard 2250 are being transferred to extensions, however if not answered they're getting the switchboard VM?

Will Dialed name display have an effect on this problem?

I believe if you leave SFA off (SFD) on all the sets, the last set it rings on will carry that's set DN to the voicemail. So if SFA is off on set A, B and C, then when someone calls A and goes through the above senario, it will end up in Cs VM.

dialed name display does not come into play, dlesap knows better (998 replies, 1st one that i disagree with) , that was either a post for another question or maybe it was past the cocktail hour...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

i just went out the wine bar when answering the thread. i just shake the letters. Try to reorder it for the right CLS.... maybe.

We tried all the scenarios. Removing the configuration of 3 phones and setting them up with only CLS FBA FNA MWA. No Luck. Loaded patches changed CDB setting still with same problem. External call comes in A, Caller B answers the phone and then transfer caller A to Caller C. No matter what you try it goes to the voice mail of Caller B which has disconnected after the transfer and phone went back to Idle state.

This problem started after migrating from Meridian Mail to Call Pilot.

Chris Wilken
Business Connexion
South Africa,JHB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back