Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2nd interface on PIX 515

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCanes

IS-IT--Management
May 29, 2003
US
We have a T-1 coming into a Cisco 2620 router, which goes to a PIX 515. we have a block of 30 IPs and are only using about 6 of them now.
We want to setup a FTP server and a few other things, but keep it seperate from our network. So the firm that we outsource alot of our networking to, ordered an ethernet card for our PIX. They came to install it this morning, but couldn't figure out how to create a second network using one of the public IPs we have open.

When we changed the subnet of our primary network from 224 to 240, it let us setup the IP scheme for the new card and a computer hooked to it sees it just fine. However, we cannot get to anything outside the firewall.

Can anyone help? Is there something that needs to be changed on the Router? (when changing the subnet to 240, is the router not sending anything to the IPs outside of that subnet?) Is there something we need to do on the PIX?

Any help would be great!
Thanks

Need more information to help you. Where is this subnet you are changing?

We really could do with more info, maybe an edited config file (Passwords, real addresses removed, etc) to help.

You can send one to my email if you want.

I think you need to change the IP address config on the existing interface, then you should be add the new NIC in and configure it.

Like I said, more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back