Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2nd HDD to XP-Pro 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nctechno

Technical User
Sep 10, 2005
US
I got a system with two HDD's, not Raid. How do I enable, fdisk and format a second HDD on XP-Pro?

Open my computer alternate click on the drive you want to format and select format.
hth

The second HDD does not even show on my computer; may I add that these are SATA drives! Does that make a difference?

Do you have the drivers installed for the sata drives? Also do you have it enabled in bios?

Yes to both questions. XP is installed on the first of the two SATA drives, now I am trying to (activate) the second drive.

Right click on My Computer, and Select Manage then Select Storage->Disk Management , and check to see if the drive appears there, if it does, yoiu can select it and format it from there.

Hope this helps

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

It helped. I got it. It is now formating my second disk; thanks for the help Vacunita.

Most Welcome Nctechno, glad i could help.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back