Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2nd Call Goes to Voice Mail on 4602 Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJA7

Technical User
Oct 11, 2003
PR
Hello,

I have 50 4602 IP Phones connected to a S8700. These phones only have two call appearance buttons. When I get a second call during a conversation it goes straight to the Audix, and does not show up on the second call appearance button. Does anyone has any suggestions.

Regards,

Pedro

Change "Restrict Last Appearance" to NO on the second page for the station.

Susan
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." - Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson (1894)

Hi
I believe you need 3 call appearances for this to work
The definity always needs 1 call apearance for transfer.
So it will be impossible to get an incoming call on the 2nd line. if there are only 2

If you have another type of phone with 3 appearances you can test this by removing the one of the call appearances, It should not be possible to get 2 incoming calls.

hope this helps

Paul

Restrict Last Appearance" restricts the last idle call appearance for incoming priority calls and outgoing call orginations only.

If you set this field to N, you canreceive a second inbound call while the first call appearance is in use.

Susan
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." - Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson (1894)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back