Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2D barcode in MS Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcooler

Programmer
Jun 13, 2009
I'd like to add a 2D barcode into a MS Access report. Does anyone know how to do this within MS Access? I've seen a few people trying to sell something online, but I wonder is there something built in?

The reason is I doubt my company would buy someone's add on to Access and pay for hundreds of copies for each machine. IT would also have a duck over the security aspects.

Thanks in advance!

Hello bcooler,

MS Access does not have any barcode capability built into it. I do know that many companies offer barcode solutions such as ActiveX Controls and Barcode Fonts (with encoders).

I have used barcode products from several companies before. My company recently purchased products from a company IDAutomation.com. They have quite a few products for Access and other applications including a Native Generator product that can be embedded into the database.

Products for Access:

You may want to contact their support; they are very helpful in product selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back