Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

290 and 291 down until April 8th 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

brichr

MIS
Feb 17, 2003
US
These tests have been taken offline until the 8th. I guess they must be rewriting a bunch of the questions. This stinks for be since I have been studying to take that exam and planned on taking it this week. Oh well... I'll report back after the 8th, and after I have taken the exam. I hope it is not too different, but they did just release SP1 for the OS. I hope they don’t have SP1 questions already on the next version of these exams.

Thanks for the link. I can't really tell, but I think this might make the test a little bit easier. It looks like they will be giving partial credit on the Simulation anwsers.

I think i agree with you. I have never been a fan of multiple choice so i think i will prefer the new format.

I recently sat the new 290 exam (last Thursday actually) and to be honest the content was too different over the first exam, there were 5 simulations, these covered SUS, Group Membership, Rights, Dist - Sec Groups and something else.

I didn't find the exam too difficult... but I failed it anyway (by one question) I have since discovered that I had incorrect knowledge and that's what the issues have been :(

Unlucky Simon, hope you nail it next time.
What were the simulations like?
Were they similar to the example on the link above provided by stephen3rd?
Did you find that there were any shortcuts/links that were not active therefore guiding you to the correct method of answering the question?

Alex

I found that on the SUS screen I could do pretty much everything I wanted to do, one thing I should mention is that each scenario allows you to reset the scenario so that you can do the correct steps only.

I found that by looking at all the options available, deciding on what options I wanted to choose and then resetting the scenario allowed me to do it in one step (just incase MS were timing and seeing how many steps I took to accomplish the process).

That sounds like a good idea that has led me to another question. If you get the final result right but do not follow the set path that MS wants you to? Do you get full or part marks?? [ponder]

I think it's more the end result that they are after rather than the route taken.

Slightly embarassed now. Wish I had read that page properly

Place a higher value on results—how closely a solution meets the requirements, not the path taken to achieve it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back