Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2801 + PRI Provider XO Having Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2006
US
I am about to pull all my hair off my head.
I posted this in the Cisco Router Forum but will see what i get in this one. Im just at a point where i really want to throw this setup out the window =(

Heres the situation so far

XO is our t1 Data provider along with a PRI.

Both go into a Cisco 2801

The pri goes in to the router, handles the call and passes it onto the CCM.

Heres the problem. After a short while ( and i can replicate this almost) only 1-2 incoming calls are allowed and all outbound calls can be made fine. Again, this is a PRI which is 1-23 lines. Im not capping out. I do a show voice call sum and i see about 6 lines being used. 1 incoming and 4-5 out.

Try calling in to anyones desk and get a busy signal. Now the funny part is i dont see the setup request coming in.

Well i have been on the phone with XO for about 2 weeks now and i havnt gotten anywhere. They tested the lines and get 100% ok. Now what shall i do, i ran debugs + term mon and i see the calls that do come through. But for ALL the calls coming in that get a busy i dont see anything!

then after awhile i will get people telling me ( and i did it also) where i can not call international! i get a busy signal on my end. grrrrr.

New York City based. what can i do!? where do i look!? im getting burnt just thinking of it. any help would be great.

-luis
nyc

I have not heard any complaints as of yet. I think the reboot fixed it. I have been monitorering the router for awhile and all calls go through!!!! this board rocks. But still, i will keep my eyes open to see if the problem appears. thanx again guys

Ok so far calls are coming through and going out. BUT 1 thing people have noticed is that calls now being dropped. Question: Would calls drop b/c of the telco? even thou others are still on the line? or would it be something on the Router, CCM, ?

So the problem is back. But this time its only international calls. I have 2 log files i collected 1 trying the int .call and 1 trying a local call. int coming inbound works. out doesnt. I have tried the above steps and everything is showing fine.

show isdn service and voice call sum are all fine
what else can i do? look for? is this a provider issue?

so update. i have noticed that the international calls are adding and keeping the 9 infront of the calls..
ex: 9011 instead of just 011 etc etc

local calls show as 1917 etc etc and strip the 9.

hmm. my dialplan says its suppose to strip it. still looking into problem

So now i am trying to make it so it strips it from the CCM instead of the router. And now i get a fast busy

So the provider had an outage in their network for out going international calls. I really realllllyyy hate XO.. thanx guys for listening in. ;)

To really check if your DSP is bad, which I doubt, it to do "show voice dsp". If you see bad, you have bad dsp. One thing you could try it a more recent IOS, like the 12.3.11T9. I ran into IOS issues many time on different voicegateway. I installed and configure many PRIs from XO and they have been rock solid.

You can also do "debug voice ccapi inout" to make sure it uses the correct pots and voip dial peers.

ptdog. can you help me out? I also have a t1 from XO and it runs like a mouse on a tredmil. would it be possible if we can exchange #s or emails. Please PM me

and thanx for the help! =) i will try that out

Sure we can. I just have to figure out how to do PM.

let me know how I can get a hold of you. I can't seem to figure out how to do PM.

email me at my old email address. then ill use my real email to conact you. luisn@richfx.com
i could care less if spam goes there, they have a great spam filter anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back