Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2621 and Internet Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpapanik

Technical User
Mar 20, 2002
US
I recently got a 2600 Series router (2621 to be exact). It has two FastEthernet ports and I am running IOS 12.2 on it. I was wondering what do I have to do to get an IP address from the cable modem and then use that router as my internet access router (ICS, NAT, DHCP).

Thank you in advance

Check out this link, it will show you how to set it up. Plus it has descriptions of what the commands are doing, so that you might understand what is going on a little better.

The site is ran by a regular here on this forum. It has lots of useful info, worth checking out, especially since you are using Cisco equipment. Hope it helps, if not post what problems you are having.

burke

Thank you that looks like it would do it. How can I just upload that config to my router (without having to do it one line at a time?)

cut and paste it...

telnet to the router or console in, erase the startup config... reload the router.

Then either telnet back into the router(console) and go .. enable.. config t.. and then highlight the wanted config.. and copy it. Then go to the session window to the target router and paste it in.

Normally you would cut and paste it to notepad and make any needed edits first.. then copy from notepad.

MikeS
Find me at
"Take advantage of the enemy's unreadiness, make your way by unexpected routes, and attack unguarded spots."
Sun Tzu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back