Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2620 and IGRP

Status
Not open for further replies.

igolftoo

Technical User
Jul 29, 2006
US
Hi guys,
I'm studying for my CCNA and have couple of routers to practice on. One of the router is a 2620 and I can't seem to configure IGRP on it. Every time I try the command "router igrp 100" it gives an error message "invalid input detected.....". When I try router ?
it shows the following options only:
bgp
eigrp
isis
iso-igrp
mobile
odr
ospf
rip

I tried the iso-igrp but it asks for "iso routing area tag" What do I have to do to use just regular IGRP? and not iso-igrp?
The router has IOS version 12.3(6b).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Have you enabled ip routing with the 'ip routing' command first?

Maybe Cisco removed IGRP routing because IGRP was also removed from the CCNA? I thought someone told me that after a certain rev of IOS they were removing it and then you'd have to use EIGRP instead since it's the same protocol but enhanced.

-Rainman

You are right rainman. I did little bit more research and found out that "Beginning with Cisco IOS v.12.3, Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (IGRP) will no longer be supported." One less thing to worry about..[bigsmile] or :-D

Thanks for all your help guys....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back