Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2616 phone over X21 or rs232

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZTech

Technical User
Jun 12, 2003
NZ
Can anyone point me to a product for extending a 2616 phones, out to a remote site over a data circuit.
I know this was quit common before IP options became available. I only want to do 2 phones off an old Option 51 system. I have RS232 and X21 circuits available to the remote site.
Any assistance much appreciated.
NZTECH

never even heard of it working over any extender device. nortel makes a product that extends a 2616 over a dial up, it's newer and works. i've installed it but don't remember the card name.. the problem with rs232, short haul etc is timing more then any thing else, remote office is clean but another pricey solution for two sets...cheaper option.. analog lines norstar key system

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks John. Probably the product I have heard about is for dial up. For Agent phones, to work from home.
I remember one product also allowed a 2400BPS channel for a computer connection.
Does this ring a bell with anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back