Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2616 handset volume drops out

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeMonkey

IS-IT--Management
Jan 4, 2007
US
I have a Nortel digital 2616 set that is driving me bonkers. I have literally changed everything including the phone itself, wiring, and terminal block. The issue is the handset earpiece volume. One second its fine the next I can bearly hear with the volume set to max. Sometimes it will start working by unplugging for a few seconds. Obviously after changing all related components I suspect the switch. This phone had been working for years with the same programming without this issue. No other phones have been reported with the same problem. This set does have the handfree feature where it adjusts its speaker volume but this is the earpiece. Any help will be appreciated.

Wrong forum.

Try changing pbx port or cable pair or both.

start by swapping the handset.

next try changing the set

if that fails change the port.

if that doesn't work ....then try Nortel Meridian forum

Sorry I posted in the wrong forum. If you had read my post you would have noticed that I did what you suggest. I will post in the right forum and see what kind of help I get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back