Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2616/AOM compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.

voipman

Technical User
Jan 9, 2005
US
Does anyone know what model 2616 works with the AOM's?

will this help
In order to allow programming of extra keys on a M3904 or M3905 telephone the prompt KBA must be set to 1 or 2 (if 2 AOM's are attached).

It is also possible to add a Display-based Accessory via the DBA prompt which should be set to 1.

Please note that DBA and KBA are mutually exclusive

Colin

No, I just spent about an hour replacing a M2616 becasue certain models(NT #'s) do not work with the AOM's. I guess three's a charm becasue it was the third phone I replaced it with wound up working.

All the 2616 work with the AOM's the problem that you ran into was an older 2616. They need a power board inside the phone with an external power supply to work the AOM (and 6 conductor line cord). I don't have the NT numbers in front of me right now, but a good rule of thumb is if the Handset & Line cord jacks on the phone are facing the same direction then you probably don't need external power.

hawks is right. non-inline powered 2616s won't support an add-on module. anything that is inline powered (NT9K instead of NTZK) should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back