Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2611 router - All ports administratively shutdown 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdhuffman

IS-IT--Management
Mar 20, 2001
US
I have a 2611 router that the flash was toast on it. After repair and reconfiguration when the router is restarted I have to always do a no shutdown command on all ports to get the to come up. Any ideas why?

Not sure if this will be useful, but here goes:
- Since your flash was "toast" and you reconfigured, the default for the intfaces would be "shutdown". If you have been entering "no shutdown" after each reboot it sounds like it's not writing to the startup-config. After issuing the "no shutdown" command in the running-config, do a "copy run start" to copy to startup config.
-I'm just barely past being a "paper CCNA", so I hope this is helpful.

That was the first thing I tried. I then rebooted the router with the same results - I have to manually do a "no shutdown" on each port.

Do a show ver and tell us what your Configuration register is, it should be this 0x2102 . Let us know. J.Fisher CCNA
Jeter@LasVegas.com

The Configuration register is 0x2102.

There are two ethernet ports and one serial port that is really a T1 Wic DSU card. Regardless it is configured as a serial port.

It's loading the configuration properly but the ports do not come alive until I tell them to.

I will look into this some more. I will get back to you later tonight. J.Fisher CCNA
Jeter@LasVegas.com

Please provide a copy of a config and or a sh ip int brief.
Thanks!!! J.Fisher CCNA
Jeter@LasVegas.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back