Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2610/2950 Duplex Mismatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLEE5

MIS
May 14, 2002
US
Greetings All:

I've recently installed a bunch of 2610 routers & 2950 switches at our branch offices. I set the ether0/0 (on the router) and the coresponding port on the swt(fast0/24) to 10MB / full-duplex (hard). They all set up & work well except for 1 set. 1 of the 2950's keeps giving me:

14:43:45: %CDP-4-DUPLEX_MISMATCH: duplex mismatch discovered on FastEthernet0/24 (not half duplex), with ****** Ethernet 0/0 (half duplex).

I've tried every trick I know of & it still gives me the above error. The strange thing is I'm NOT getting alot of collisions,etc on either interface.

Is the switch just confused?

R.Lee

If you have not already done so, move a known good and working router to the switch and test again. If that resolves the problem try reconfiguring or replacing the router. If the test yields the same result, try connecting the original router to a known good switch. If that resolves the problem try reconfiguring or replacing the switch. If that yields the same result, try replacing cables etc.

did you use the following command?

interface fastethernet0/2

duplex full

speed 100

Just spitballing...

i have run into this too.....check the bugs on cisco's website, might be that, it was for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back